Why install a new floor when you can restore the expensive, stylish natural stone of your old one? ACT Restoration offers several dynamic services for each of the different types of natural stone so that you save money and keep the luxurious floors that define your home or commercial property.
Natural Stone Flooring Services
Depending on your property, you may identify any of the following types of natural stone flooring:
- Marble - The softest of the stones, marble tiles or slabs come in many colors.
- Granite - Hundreds of varieties, often slip resistance.
- Slate - Rustic in colors of dark grey, reds, and greens with tiles of various geometric shapes.
- Limestone - Popular for its earthen look in smooth or rough finishes.
- Travertine - Often mistaken for marble with slightly more durability.
ACT Restoration offers the following upkeep services on the types of natural stone flooring listed above:
Benefits of Natural Stone Flooring
Above all else, natural stone enhances the beauty of any room or building. The many styles and finishes build a myriad of unique finished looks that can add tremendous value to your property. But there’s more to appreciate about natural stone!
Some of the additional reasons to restore a natural stone floor rather than install new flooring include:
- Cool Temperature - Natural stone flooring maintains its cool temperature all year long, a benefit to any eco-friendly agenda. In the warmer summer months, the stone helps keep the building cool without air conditioning.
- Hygienic - Stone floors are more easily vacuumed or washed.
- Durability - Color, texture, and finish remain up to 10 years without dulling or collecting allergens like carpets.
Natural Stone Floor Selection and Maintenance
The amount and size of pores within a stone (also known as porosity) dictates the hardness, durability, water resistance, and other key factors that affect floor maintenance. High-traffic areas generally have a harder, non-porous stone floor such as granite or slate that stands up to more weight with fewer scratches and stains. Other types of natural stone floors will simply need more maintenance (a yearly sealant application and frequent cleaning) to eliminate pitting and staining.
If you’d like to know more about the natural stone flooring services from ACT Restoration, please contact us!