If your old granite floor is in need of restoration, ACT Restoration can restore the stone to its original beauty. We specialize in providing cost-effective floor restoration that brings out the natural beauty of granite and stone floors in both residential and commercial buildings.
Advantages of granite flooring:
- Easy to Maintain: Granite floors are easy to keep clean and require very little maintenance. To keep your granite looking its best, simply sweep your floors regularly and mop occasionally with warm, soapy water. Granite is also resistant to stains.
- Durable: Granite is by far the strongest of all natural stone flooring materials, making it ideal for heavy traffic areas in your home or business. Granite is resistant to water damage and heat. It’s also difficult to scratch or damage with heavy impact.
- Versatile: One of the reasons granite can be found in restaurants and home bathrooms alike is its incredible versatility. Granite flooring is timeless, functioning well as a neutral backdrop for almost any style of decor.
- Elegant: Granite floors are a dimensional, elegant flooring solution that makes homes more attractive to potential buyers.
The Beauty of Granite Floors
Like most natural stone floors, granite is mined from the earth. Formed by cooling lava which solidifies, granite is a unique type of igneous rock. Unlike smoother rock materials such as marble, granite tends to be dense, coarse, and grainy and is one of the hardest forms of natural stone. Its grainy texture is due to its crystalline structure.
Granite can vary in color from pale shades of pink or white to black due to its mineralogy and contain minerals that add a dimensional shimmer. This natural variability of granite in its composition creates a stunning area of textures, colors, and patterns that make every granite floor unique.
Our Granite Floor Refinishing Services
Although it is highly durable with a low permeability level, even granite floors can lose their gleam over time. Tiny scratches on the surface of your granite floors can make your floors look dull. Chips and cracks create added vulnerability and compromise the natural strength of your granite floors.
At ACT Restoration, our granite floor refinishing contractors can refinish your floors so they look like new. We offer a complete range of granite services:
- Grinding: We use professional grinding technology to even out your granite floors, creating a smoother surface that’s easier to walk on and clean.
- Repairing: We’ll eliminate imperfections like etches, scratching, chips, and wear patterns, restoring your floors to their smooth, clean original appearance.
- Patching: We can patch damaged areas for a seamless finish.
- Polishing: Add a matte, gloss, or semi-gloss layer that protects and enhances the beauty of your floor.
To connect with one of our granite floor refinishing contractors, give us a call at (763) 432-3966 today. Or for added convenience, fill out a form and we’ll get in touch to schedule your granite restoration project.