When you think about concrete, you probably picture a sidewalk, driveway, or basketball court. But concrete flooring has been used for decades indoors within industrial and commercial buildings. More recently, it has picked up appeal in the construction of designer homes.
Concrete Flooring Services
ACT Restoration can install new concrete flooring or repair and restore old concrete flooring. No matter your concrete flooring needs, we deliver unbeatable quality.
Benefits of Concrete Flooring
If you’re shopping for a new indoor floor material rather than services for an existing floor, consider these benefits of concrete:
- Durability - Concrete holds up better than other materials against heavy weight and wear. This means that chips and scratches are less prevalent.
- Smaller Carbon Footprint - In addition to the incredible longevity, choosing concrete can be environmentally friendly. Your home may already have a concrete subfloor. Thus, it simply requires uninstalling the flooring material over it.
- Saves Money - Because you might already have a perfectly solid concrete subfloor, you only have to pay for a bit of surface work rather than an entirely new installation. The cost is similar to installing vinyl or carpeting.
- Versatility - If well-kept, a concrete floor allows for future changes in design by installing a new material over the top and using the concrete as a subfloor.
- Choices - Typical gray concrete lacks luster and life. But new advances in how to mix and set concrete have added immense variety in the color and texture options available. It can even be smoothed and polished to appear similar to marble.
Concrete Floor Maintenance
A properly maintained concrete floor can last indefinitely. For everyday wear and use, a simple mopping will suffice to keep the floor clean, which is especially useful in places with sand and snow. In addition, concrete floors should be professionally sealed or waxed once every three to nine months.
If your commercial or residential property requires any of these services, contact ACT Restoration today!